Sunday 17 June 2012

Still Dreaming!

The Dreamer

And the Lord said…
I myself will dream a dream within you
Good dreams come from me, you know
My dreams seem impossible
not too practical
not for the cautious man or woman
a little risky sometimes,
a trifle brash perhaps.
Some of my friends prefer
     to rest more comfortably
         in sounder sleep
              with visionless eyes.
But, from those who share my dreams/
     I ask a little patience,
          a little humour;
               some small courage,
                        and a listening heart -
I will do the rest
Then they will
     Risk, and wonder at their daring,
     Run, and marvel at their speed,
     Build, and stand in awe at the beauty of their building,
You will meet me often as you work,
     in your companions, who share the risk,
     in your friends, who believe in you enough
           to lend their hands
           their own hearts
                  to your building
In the people who will stand in your doorway
         stay awhile,
         and walk away knowing they, too, can find a dream.
There will be sun-filled days,
         and sometimes it will rain,
                 a little variety,
                     both come from me.
So, come now, be content.
It is my dream you dream,
         my house you build,
         my caring you witness,
         my love you share,
         and this is the heart of the matter.

Charles Peguy        

No comments:

Post a Comment