Saturday 14 January 2012

A sunny Saturday by the sea-side


A glorious if chilly day and not out of bed as early as I would have liked but after a quick bowl of porridge I was out onto the sea front. With headphones linked into my Sony Walkman Radio (remember them) and tuned into Radio Two for Sounds of the Sixties I first headed up to Hove Lagoon. From there it then a straight plod along passed the Marina along the clif top, passing a group of wakers who looked kitted out for Ben Nevis rather than a Brighton cliff top walk! Dropping back down on to the Under Cliff walk back past the Marina, the Palace Pier, the Peace Statue and finally home, 2 hours and 20 minutes, so that would be around 14 miles. By then Graham Norton was keeping me company.

Today is also Founders Day, when the Church Army celebrates the birthday of its founder Wilson Carlile in 1847. I had hope to gather as we did last year for a celebratory meal with some other Church Army Officers but we never managed to arrange it for this year sad to say.

Lots of stuff happening in 'work' as all kinds of things are needing attention by way of preparation. This is a very 'full on' year with the Queen's Jubilee, the London 2012 Games that including a visit by a special Boat to Brighton Marina, check out my Games blogspot for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment